Monday, November 15, 2010

TANGENTS REQUEST #016




The thing is, sometimes you don't really know why you like a song. I mean, sure, I could do my best to dissect the color of its timbre & cross reference it with my preference history, but at the end of the day, for whatever reason, I just dig this song. Yes, The Ventures are one of my favorite bands. But Two Car Garage really doesn't exemplify why. It's not like this is the album that defined their "favorite" title. This is just some album a friend gave me for my birthday because I love The Ventures. And it just so happens, that I really dig "When You Walk In The Room". It's just that one track that I'm like, "Damn, this is mad catchy."

It's times like these I wish I had enough knowledge of techniques & effects so I could make statements like, "I don't usually listen to things that sound this 80's... but I really like their use of the blahblahblah." Whatever, I take comfort in knowing that even if I did know my way around a studio musician's glossary & spent the next four paragraphs proving it to you, the end result is still the same. It's just catchy.

Like Willow Smith, dude.
She's just hoppin' out of bed & turning on her swag.
I can't help it's fucking catchy. Not my fault.
Can't explain, just got 2 love it.




Marissa A. Ross is a Los Angeles based blogger who enjoys music, potato salad and jerking off all day because she works from home. Check out her personal blog, Tangents & The Times, and follow her on Twitter @MarissaARoss.



EDITOR'S NOTE:

Marissa was talking about the version of the song with the Fabulous Wailers from their collaborative album Two Car Garage but there were no streams of it up and I don't wana trample any feet. Check out the album HERE.

No comments: