Wednesday, March 2, 2011

TANGENTS REQUEST #031



Today I am requesting a little jammer called "Deja Vu (Uptown Baby)" by Lord Tariq & Peter Gunz, solely because for the last week my household has been going on YouTube tours of 90's hiphop. 1997 was a great year. Every time I think about hiphop from '97, I'm always like, "YO GOD, WHEN WILL I HAVE MY '97??? WHERE'S MY CRISTAL??? WHERE'S MY LEATHER JACKET??? WHERE'S MY BABES IN CROP TOPS???"

Then I remember I don't believe in God
but I do own crop tops.

I also really like two things about this video, in particular. I mean, I love it all because I love 90's music videos but I particularly love the crazy camera shots -- I don't even know what they're called, but it's like the shot where they're 360'in around the bros & you're like damn, where is the camera equipment! I also really enjoy the DJ's elbow moves around 1:53. He seems like a chill dude. The blimp was also a nice touch.








Marissa A. Ross is a Los Angeles based blogger who enjoys music, potato salad and jerking off all day because she works from home. Check out her personal blog, Tangents & The Times, and follow her on Twitter @MarissaARoss.

No comments: