Wednesday, September 1, 2010

INFINITE LOVE


I first heard of Dustin Wong from his playing in (the now defunct) Ponytail. Honestly, never listened to much Ecstatic Sunshine, but what they say is true - Wong's current solo material leans more towards the latter's aesthetic.

"Talking Walking Cloud," the first 'single' from Wong's new solo album Infinite Love, is a prime example. Guitars evolve from humble beginnings and build layer upon layer on top of each other, turning a simple guitar into an an entire orchestra a la this John Fahey quote:



"I was playing guitar but I heard an orchestra in my head."






Dustin Wong - Talking Walking Cloud



Dustin Wong - Infinite Love preview from Thrill Jockey Records on Vimeo.





Infinite Love
is out October 5 on Thrill Jockey. Also of note -- that video is just a preview of an ENTIRE ALBUM MUSIC VIDEO created by Wong himself.

2 comments:

jade said...

oh my wOOOORD this is tits

Mark said...

Beautiful!