Wednesday, April 13, 2011

TANGENTS REQUEST #36


LISTEN TO FBUS_RADIO ON NEWTOWN RADIO
TODAY AND EVERY WEDNESDAY FROM 6-8PM EST



It recently dawned on me -- although I've been working out and getting in shape, there is no end. Like, once you get in shape you don't get to just stop. You don't work out for a year straight and are then fit for the rest of your life. You have to keep doing it. And that, to me, really sucks. To deal the with prospect of my mornings always being owned by low-weight strength training DVDs, I keep myself motivated by making up laughably unrealistic scenarios in my head that I would want to be in shape for. My latest motivational delusion: pretending that Dirty Beaches will one day do some Chris Isaak-inspired music video in which they will need someone that's not a model to run around on a beach and that I can be that someone running around cause I will be so fit.

I know. Ridiculous, right?
This is seriously how I live my life,
through a series of elaborate & impractical fantasies,
with a really great soundtrack.

My craziness aside, I really love this song. It's my favorite right now. It makes me want to get molested in the back of a station wagon after prom, like, sixty years ago.









Marissa A. Ross is a Los Angeles-based writer, music connoisseur, blogger & an all out enthusiast for leisurely activities. She is kind of funny, but no one really gives a shit because she has awesome hair. Marissa enjoys cheap wine, sunbathing & jerking off to vintage motel postcards on Flickr.

No comments: