Wednesday, February 9, 2011

TANGENTS REQUEST #028



Alright, look. I know some of you guys may not have been here since the beginning. I used to just request songs every week just because I loved Friendship Bracelet and Ian's radio programming. Then Ian gave me a column and when that happened, he introduced me here on FBUS and was like, "Oh, she puts so much time into her requests." Sometimes, that is totally true. Sometimes, I can't wait to request a song. I think about it constantly and can't wait to hear it over the radio because like, let's be real, hearing a song you want to on the radio is awesome. It was awesome when you were twelve in the back of your mom's pseudo-SUV thing, and it is awesome now.

But sometimes, I'm just like, stoned, and like, "LOL, THIS VIDEO IS GREAT. I LOVE SUMMER. CAN'T WAIT FOR SXSW. GUHHHHDAYYYUUUMMM, SOMEONE GET ME A COCKTAIL. WITH LIME. AND COCONUT. OR JUST WINE. WHATEVER, I'M GREAT AT PLAYING PRETEND WHEN I'M DRUNK."

That's just kinda where I am right now.
And it's still awesome to hear that shit on the radio.
So, enjoy world! I know it's cold most places but just think happy,
California thoughts.
Sunshine, palm trees, pool sides, monkey-ass fools playing guitar.








Marissa A. Ross is a Los Angeles based blogger who enjoys music, potato salad and jerking off all day because she works from home. Check out her personal blog, Tangents & The Times, and follow her on Twitter @MarissaARoss.

No comments: