Sunday, October 3, 2010

TANGENTS REQUEST #010



Tangents Request #010, in which Marissa makes us freezing, windy Northeasterners actually hate her:



It's October in California, which means about exactly nothing. Fall is something I virtually trick myself into feeling every year, something to get excited for as if something is going to change when we all know it's still going to be sunny seventy five percent of the days from now until next summer. I grew up here and have never known actual seasons. It makes me crave them. I covet the colored leaves of Central Park and pine for just a pinch of the rain that sweeps the Pacific Northwest. But as I look out my window, the sun is still shining on Katherine Heigl's photoshopped face and the palm tress are, as usual, green.

This week I'm requesting Curtis Mayfield's "Pusherman", because I wish I could smoke up some fall. It'd smell like campfires & crunchy leaves and feel like drinking a pumpkin latte in a neighborhood bookstore, watching rain fall upon cobblestone streets while spreading a new spine between your hot little hands - or something equally idyllic.








Marissa A. Ross is a Los Angeles based blogger who enjoys music, potato salad and jerking off all day because she works from home. Check out her personal blog, Tangents & The Times, and follow her on Twitter @MarissaARoss.

No comments: