Thursday, August 20, 2009

CHILLERS


Yes, some jams to melt into when yer on as much Vicodin as I am currently. It's a weird thing warding off pain while at the same time verging on a weird pseudo-trip. In other news I can finally feel all of my face.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annu


Dude's solid Dream Runner EP is rad, all six tracks goopy n drippy n shimmery, really reminds me of that eLan shit I was diggin recently.



Annu - Dream Runner EP



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dolphins Into the Future


So far I've only heard this Dolphins Into the Future record, out on Not Not Fun, entitled ...On Sea-Faring Isolation. There is a bunch more listed at Cetacean Nation Communication, but for now the NNF shit must do. First started diggin after CHOCOLATE BOBKA posted "On the High Seas," a.k.a. an excerpt from the record's A-side, back in July.

All sounds on Sea-Faring recall water in one sense or another: waves, bubbles, whale songs, echo-location squeal-clicks, repetition, rotation, tidal pulsations. The endless cycle. A Google search yields in the first result the entire album, since I can't suggest anywhere to find it on the internets (though I saw they had a copy at Weirdo Records in Cambridge last week...).




Dolphins Into the Future - ...On Sea-Faring Islands

(via Google search)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Also I've listened to this new Byrds of Paradise track "Paradise, DC" a couple times after Kenny Brown alerted to its completion via @KennethBrown. Quick n gentle, bounce n jangle. Never been to DC but reminds me of suburban night driving.

No comments: