Saturday, August 29, 2009

ANOTHER MOTHERFUCKIN SOUTHSIDER


Damn, new Weezy mixtape is somethin tight - very few DJ drops/watermarks, few repeat tracks (and the ones repeated are ill ones anyway so it's cool) and the shit that's new? Tons of killer beats, stupid-dumb verses, baller guest-spots and of course some of the most ridiculous one-liners you could ever dream up. And that's just the thing, you can't dream this shit up - Wayne's so on and so nuts it's hard to imagine a human came up with this stuff.

My favorite tracks so far are the heaviest, each with a great guest, Drake/Young Jeezy and Juelz Santana respectively. "Harder Than Ever" was called "I'm Going In" on the Public Enemy mixtape, and still features one of the most crazy ways to begin a track I've ever heard. Drake proceeds to absolutely kill his verse, culminating in a tried and true kick:


"21 years and I ain't never met a good cop"



"Ride and Roll" continues to impress more me every single listen ("I'm the shit - I'm funky like I never bathe"), like I said, filthy verses over a huge rumbling heavy beat. Download the mixtape after peepin' these tracks, burn it to a CD, ride around in yer car with this shit and freak out some squares.




Lil Wayne + Drake + Young Jeezy - Harder Than Ever

Lil Wayne + Juelz Santana - Ride and Roll



Lil Wayne - Official White Label mixtape

No comments: