Thursday, January 19, 2012

ABSOLUTELY DREAMS



Jonathan Coward is a thin guy with nice long hair and a beard. He makes music as Shams. A while back I got into his jam "Pillow Talk," a serious slapper ripe for ravers and goth clubs and burned CDs you listen to in your car super loud at night. It's probably been three years since I first heard that one. I had completely lost track of the dude until I ended up working with him at shows and seeing him perform live sets in Brooklyn when I was living there.

Just now, the above clip for "Absolutely Dreams" floated into my field of vision thanks to the Dior Nights Facebook feed. The video is a serious slice of romance, all rose petals and wind-blown fabrics. Going through the Shams Soundcloud has revealed some other hot shit I'm bummed I didn't check out sooner. My favorites of the bunch can be sampled and downloaded below.


SHAMS-MORALES by SHAMS

I PLEASE U by SHAMS

ENGAGE IN THE BEHAVIOR by SHAMS

No comments: