Sunday, August 29, 2010

SESAME STREET BANDAIDS 08/30/10


So this will actually be my final radio program on WMUA. It's been a great time and I hope to host some other show in the near future. Will keep updates on that.

Anyway, Marissa picked a real good request this week:



So, I’m on a plane right now flying to Chicago. I’ve never been to the Midwest in my whole life so I’m looking forward to it but for the present, I feel really bad for the bro next to me. He’s a really tall guy and he’s stuck like a sardine in the seat next to me. He isn’t fat at all but still the seat is too small and if this was Southwest, there might have been an incident. Naw, I doubt it. Luckily I only take up three fourths of my seat so with the arm rest up, bro has a little more room width-wise although he’s still absolutely fucked vertically. There was some exchange between him and the woman behind him, apparently his seat won’t go back. He realizes I’m trying to read his packet about auditing and keeps giving me shifty eyes, rightfully so. It’s unfortunate his packet is not also on a laptop so he could put his Cambria to size eight. That’s my trick for airplane writing, size eight.

He’s sleeping now.

I know his sleep must be restless & fruitless but I hope he has one of those vivid passing dreams that only happen in situations such as this and I hope it’s beautiful. He deserves it for being subjected to this level of smushery.

I’m dedicating Julian Lynch’s Travelers to him.

Because Julian’s Mare is cut from the same fabric
that beautiful dreams are unfolded from.
And we’re traveling.
Soooo, it makes sense.

OH SHIT! TURBULENCE! CAPTAIN TURNED ON THE FASTEN SEAT BELT SIGN! DAMN THIS MACBOOK COULD BE LIKE MY PERSONAL BLACKBOX IN OUR PLANE WRECK! DAMN! DEEP!

Whatever. My main concern is still whether someone is going to bring me some fucking free snacks or not.

UPDATE: I lived / no free snacks.






Julian Lynch - Travelers



Marissa A. Ross is a Los Angeles based blogger who enjoys music, potato salad and jerking off all day because she works from home. Check out her personal blog, Tangents & The Times, and follow her on Twitter @MarissaARoss.

No comments: