Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sondre Lerche

Sondre Lerche played the Iron Horse tonight, and was very entertaining indeed. He played "Airport Taxi Reception" and "Two Way Monologue" and something from Faces Down as well as "Hell No," the duet with Regina Spektor from the Dan In Real Life soundtrack which he performed with opener Sylvie Lewis. Lewis didn't sound all that impressive in her support set, but dueting with Lerche was pretty spectacular. He played a bunch of new material, including "Good Luck" and "Words and Music," another duet with Lewis apparently appearing on Lerche's new record out next year. Peep the whole review here.




Unrelated:



Ride is becoming one of my favorite bands of the moment. I recently acquired their album Smile (1990, Sire), which is actually just their Ride and Play EPs back-to-back. Groans and walls of guitar sound dominate like contemporaries My Bloody Valentine. Basically these guys shred (see above press photo) and Ride's Andy Bell is in Oasis I guess, which I just learned. Until now I only knew Nowhere by them, also on Sire from 1990, and only really appreciated this song, "Seagull."



So 90s. Dude's gonna hurt himself tryin to sing, I believe. Take a peek at Smile and give em a chance.

Ride - Smile

No comments: