Saturday, November 29, 2008

Regret

So a year has passed since my last compiling of a year-end list, the first one I had officially done for anything (which got butchered by my editor and isn't even worth reading anyway), and I sure have some heavy regrets about those decisions. My list went something like this

7. Panda Bear - Person Pitch
6. Kanye West - Graduation
5. Justice -
4. Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
3. M.I.A. - Kala
2. Radiohead - In Rainbows
1. LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver

In an act of revision, I'd like to cut M.I.A. and Justice from that list, for they both fell into my "unlistenable due to overplay" category ("Paper Planes," "D.A.N.C.E.," and for that matter Kanye's "Stronger"). In those stale albums' absence, I'd like to add Nightfall Over Kortedala by Jens Lekman and Alegranza by El Guincho (and I think there's another I can't think of at the moment..), as well as bumping up Person Pitch a few notches.






James Pants