Friday, September 11, 2009

ALASKAS


Never knew there was more than one Alaska. I was wrong. These ALASKAS have nothing to do with Juneau, the arctic circle, reindeer or huge black gold mains. More to do with "a one-man power-house of primitive bliss, looped vocals and loose, slippery beat boxing," according to the press-release. I recognize the name from that Universal Studios Florida record, as they're featured on the track "Startled By Sparkling Water."

Dillon James Rego is ALASKAS and he sent me over his new album Set Yourself Free sometime in the past 12 hours. Weekly Tape Deck is always hard at work absorbing much of the same music as me but at a much more rapid pace, so you can catch a couple tracks HERE, then indulge in a couple more below before pre-ordering the whole album HERE.




ALASKAS - Farewell To Them All

ALASKAS - I Am Yours

No comments: