Thursday, February 19, 2009

You Know Who You Are



Tonight is that Telepathe/Teengirl Fantasy show at Matthew's Mug on Vassar College campus I mentioned a couple days ago. I am indeed heading out to Poughkeepsie in an hour to catch these two in hopes that much dance vibrations and neon wardrobes are stinking up the place. Still not sure about Telepathe, but Teengirl Fantasy is really growing on me as one of the best new deals I've heard in this year, 2009. They've got that Portofino 7" out now on Merok as well as opening for Telepathe for these current shows before some more with Juiceboxxx. Get a taste over at their Myspace page. I recommend "Hoop Dreams" (crazy girl doo-wop glitches), "Portofino" (samples "Throw Some D's") and something called "Now That's What I Call Vol. 2," which is apparently the first thing they ever recorded. Good stuff. Eat it up.

Speaking of Merok, they put out Salem's Water EP which GvB told everyone about a while ago as well as Titus Andronicus' Titus Andronicus 7". The latter will be stopping in Northampton sometime in the coming few months with Lucero.

No comments: