Friday, June 19, 2009

Easthampton Eagles


Well that show that was supposed to be at the Flywheel and then got moved to the Easthampton High School gymnasium went off last night, and let me tell you I don't think I've ever seen a band of any sort (aside from a high school band during a pep rally years ago) play a gigantic concrete box before, but I'd appreciate no one booking a show in one ever again. Maybe it was because they were without Andrew Cedermark, but Titus Andronicus sounded rather flat. This is the third time I've gotten to check them out and it was certainly the worst. This could be attributed to endless factors - the gym, being down a member (though their Myspace only lists four members now?), having driven 500 miles from Pennsylvania in the rain just to play the show after their van broke down and finally got fixed in the wee hours of that day. Either way they played a Cock Sparrer cover.

Ted Leo pretty much bored me into leaving after a few songs. All in all not the best night for music (though I hear the Dirty Projectors show in Boston with Vieux Farka Toure was very good).

No comments: