Tuesday, June 16, 2009

YZPLZ > GRZWDW


Well, well - Yes Please a.k.a. Lillian Maring plays drums in Grass Widow along with Hannah Lew and Raven Mahon. I had not heard this band til two days ago but since then they've invaded my ears and conquered thoroughly. I checked their tracks "To Where" + "Celebrate the Mundane" at RSTB and now you can download their entire self-released and self-titled CD here (via Pukekos). If you were looking for "three cooler chicks" than Grass Widow, "you will not meet" them according to Pukekos. The three sound like a party I wish I went to, especially seeing as they played in Northampton last week and I didn't know about it. Not a party that no one particularly DIDN'T want me to attend, just one whose sweet sounds were slightly out of earshot. I'll assume you'll hear more about these ladies and their lawn grieving.

Grab their 12" from Make a Mess, peep their split cassette with Rank/Xerox (Wizard Mountain) over at Pukekos as well and watch out for their 7" on Cape Shok/Captured Tracks

No comments: