Wednesday, June 3, 2009

DREAM KILLERS

More Summer Slam 2009 shows to blurb about:


I caught Teengirl Fantasy in Cambridge last night opening for Telepathe (who I still can't get into) at the Middle East upstairs. TGF was rad soaked in red lights, but their set was short. They did "Floor to Floor," "Azz Klapz," "Portofino" and a few more. I talked with Nick and Logan after their set and they're got a couple vinyl releases out sometime soon ("before the end of the summer?") and they're ready to go playing shows the rest of the summer. I'm hoping we can book them somewhere in Western Mass. Telepathe's set was lackluster from what I saw of it. They got to the venue late apparently and never soundchecked, so they did it while everyone in the crowd blankly stared at them. They decided not to mic their drums because "they're not important" and could have forgotten to plug some other stuff in as far as I could tell. They sounded worse than when I checked both acts at Vassar College. And I still can't get over how much the one with shorter hair looks like Sam Weir from Freaks and Geeks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Predator Vision is playing with Sudden Oak in Northampton June 17 at a house on South Street, the last night of their five-night "Dream Killers" tour. Pukekos recently featured Predator Vision and Predator Vision II so you can snatch those up right here. Twenty-minute stretches of shredding.

No comments: