Sunday, December 27, 2009

LOVESICK


My buddy DJ DARMOK has been on me pretty much 75% of the year tryna get me all up on this Lindstrom shit. I been dabblin and all but this album, out recently on Smalltown Supersound, pretty much kills it. The record is called Real Life Is No Cool, a collaboration between Lindstrom and Christabelle a.k.a. Solale whom Lindstrom has worked with before. I can get behind this mantra.

Dude's got the whole space disco thing down, which ends up sounding like Prince playing prime-time Phil Collins songs. That is, if you could ever imagine bald Phil Collins being referred to as 'slinky.' I'm talkin the guy's had the perfect amount of beers, whiskeys, more beers. Now he's on to champagne, big-steppin, livin large, tellin the deejay to turn it up.

"Lovesick" is the most 21st century jam of the lot.

"Baby Can't Stop" is pretty much a 1983 Michael Jackson cut. I'm talkin these horns was probably ripped straight from Motown wax.

"High & Low" is a Prince slowjam minus the Earth-shattering solo.





Real Life Is No Cool can be found by visiting the friendly Google Search function, but you should really BUY THE LP.

No comments: