Saturday, November 7, 2009

GIRLS/REAL ESTATE


Ima be catching two bands tonite I'd assume you've heard of, Girls and Real Estate, at Great Scott in Allston/Boston/Ballston. Show's cold sold out so bummer if ya ain't got tickets (not to dangle it in front of you or anything). I'll maybe get some photographs to share assuming I can wade to the front of this supposed sold out crowd.


I'ma also mention how Real Estate just 'released' their tour-only 12" yesterday at their Bowery Ballroom show. Assuming they made more than a few dozen I'm lookin to pick one up, mainly because half of the songs on the record were recorded LIVE AT WMUA STUDIOS a.k.a. the place I broadcast from when I host my radio program. Big ups to WMUA (esp. Alex + Gabriel fer recordin the thing) and watch out for more live WMUA sessions churned out this winter!


ALSO if you happen to be in or around Western Massachusetts tomorrow morning/afternoon, be sure to check out the Flywheel Record Fair from 10AM-3PM at the new Flywheel location at the Old Town Hall in Easthampton. Totally free to get in (very much unlike the WFMU fair during CMJ) and you're sure to find somethin ya dig since there's anywhere from 30 to 50 vendors pushin wares. Bring yer wallet n yer diggin hands.

(Image via Google Search)

No comments: