Thursday, October 29, 2009

CMJ


Here's a few (mostly crappy) photos of stuff I caught at CMJ last week. I had a really cool time, saw tons of bands, met lots of new friends, chilled with lots of previous acquaintances... generally drank a ton of beer, ate and slept very little and certainly felt it when I got back early this week. This is surely not enough shit to sift through, so head over to Chocolate Bobka, Pixelhorse and Ray Concepcion's Vimeo to peep assuredly better material.

I gotta say, Eric Copeland and Pill Wonder were probably my favorite parts of the week. Copeland is in Black Dice and really was a lot different than Black Dice was when I saw them at ATP NY. That is, the couple minutes at most I could sit through before having to leave the room because of how deafeningly loud it was. Copeland's set was a bit more groovy, a bit less absolutely chaotic but totally loud and killer. Pill Wonder was phenomenal as well in their seven-piece formation, totally fleshing out their songs with two drummers and huge shout-alongs. Really can't wait to hear more music from these dudes cos the tape that they're turning into a 12" is just not enough.

Also, I must say, my first "live" run-in with Mountain Man was perfect. I was sitting outside Monkeytown waiting for the show to start and I hear a three-part harmony holding hands walking down the street towards me. Just when it couldn't get any louder, the three burst into giggles. Superb.


Alex Bleeker & the Freaks at Monster Island


Fluffy Lumbers at Monster Island


Coasting at Monster Island


Country Mice at Mexican Summer/Kemado studio


Crystal Antlers at Mexican Summer/Kemado studio


Dream Diary at Don Pedro's


Eric Copeland at Market Hotel


Gary War at Market Hotel


Sian Alice Group at Cakeshop


Julianna Barwick at Cakeshop


Forest Fires at Cakeshop


Kria Brekkan at Cameo Gallery


Frat Dad at Delancey


Frat Dad at Delancey


Frat Dad's late-nite party favors


Sun Dagger at Cameo Gallery


Big Troubles at Cameo Gallery

2 comments:

JP said...

sweeet pix. i was at the frat dad delancey dorito show too .. fun!

PIXEL X WHORSE said...

YAY NEW FRENDZ@!!$!