Monday, March 2, 2009

Dangur


DIY UMass held another show at the Earthfoods Cafe in the Student Union last night. Between other business I had to take care of I managed to catch all of SQRM and Dangur. SQRM was groovy beneath the growls and shrieks and Dangur straight ripped. I'm still not necessarily a fan of having dudes bigger than me attempting to plow me over, but aside from that Dangur was awesome. Keenan shreds a flying V and gave me their 7" (out on Shock to the System), which has "Kick the Bucket" on the A-side and "Laughing Prophet of Doom" on the B. The difference between the record and the show? One can make out Andrew's vocals and, while the lyrics aren't anything to be proud of, the chorus of "kick the bucket//it's too late//kick the bucket//and seal my fate" totally rules in a fist-pumping sweaty dude sort of way. The B-side is an instrumental stoned jam. Good stuff.

Photo - Al Quint

No comments: