Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Sweats

Two things:


1. Check out Boogie Boarder. I was at a show they played once in Northampton but I don't think I saw them. I think I saw Hume and Snakes Say Hisss at that show. It's rad, yet I'm not currently going to try to figure out what I want to say it sounds like. Listen to the only songs I can find by them here.

2. Actually I'ma make this three things.


Two is listen to Hume.

Hume- Jump Tornado


3. My own personal economic stimulus occurred this week in the form of tax returns so I went to the record store. For $14.54 I got:

Sarah Vaughan - Sweet, Sultry and Swinging (Spin-O-Rama)

Ashford & Simpson - Solid (Capitol/EMI)

Key Tracks from R. Kelly - TP.3 Reloaded (Jive)

Kool & the Gang
- Tonight's the Night/Too Hot 7" (De-Lite)

Kool & the Gang
- Celebration/Take My Heart 7" (De-Lite)

Kool & the Gang - Steppin' Out/Get Down On It 7" (De-Lite)

Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove 7" (ARC)

Rick James
- Give It To Me Baby/Don't Give Up On Love 7" (Gordy)

Commodores - Three Times a Lady/Look What You've Done To Me 7" (Motown)

The Stylistics - Rockin' Roll Baby/You Make Me Feel Brand New 7" (Amherst)

Louis Armstrong - Tin Roof Blues/Mame 7" (Mercury)

Lipps, Inc. - Funky Town/All Night Dancing 7" (Casablanca)

Hall & Oates - So Close 7" (Arista)

Thomas Dolby - Hyperactive 7" (Capitol)

Mountain - Mississippi Queen/The Laird 7" (Windfall)

The Beach Boys - Bluebirds/Over the Mountain/Never Learn/Not To Love 7" (Capitol)

Roy Orbison - Wondering/Ride Away 7" (MGM)

4. Damn, actually four things - that Underwater Peoples compilation I mentioned a bit ago can be found for your listening pleasure here (via BUTTERXFACE). Pay attention to the Real Estate instrumental, the first Julian Lynch track ("Banana Jam Pt. 1"), Family Portrait, Frat Dad, Sad City, the second Julian Lynch track ("Droplet On a Hot Stone")...

This post is dedicated to Nerraw and Jevon, who played 21 with me under the lights until after midnite. Jam.

No comments: