Tuesday, April 21, 2009

HAMPSHIRE


After SESAME STREET BANDAIDS (new music from Joker, Horsepower Productions, Dirty Projectors, Sonic Youth, Eat Skull) I managed to catch Ducktails + Pak, Psychedelic Horseshit, and Nat Baldwin in a dining common at Hampshire College.

I had never seen Ducktails play so I'm wondering if this is a one-time deal but he performed with Pak, a.k.a. Lauren Pakradooni (she also does this), creating some rumbly looped gurgles and was generally entertaining, just not what I expected. Psychedelic Horseshit was alright - real messy and snotty and loud. Nat Baldwin was the best I saw, plucking away all over his double bass (even the slits in the bass itself?) as well as coaxing deep tones from his instrument with his bow, spliced in between actual song parts and singing. Fun time even though cops were there?

Also coming up at Hampshire (though not exactly sure where) is Jets and Snakes + the Government.

No comments: